Let’s face it; Brazil has more beaches than you can shake your bikini at. The marvelous coastline Bahia to the famous urban beaches of Rio de Janeiro, there are more than 2,800 kilometers of sandy beach in this country to explore. Most beaches in Brazil have a great choice of cuisine and nightlife around it.
Mentioned below are some of the best beaches around Brazil that you can visit depending on your lifestyle:
- Copacabana Beach – This, without a doubt has be rated as one of the best beaches in the world by travel writers and most tourists. The magical carpet of golden sand, beautiful scenery and serene atmosphere make it and excellent place to relax and have fun.
- Porto da Barra Beach – Located in one of the oldest cities of Brazil (Salvador), this beach is extremely popular with honeymooners and swimmer alike. The clean, clear waters and beautiful sunsets make it an incredible way to spend the holiday evening.
- Plakaford – What makes the beach here perfect for family and children is the fact that the rocks and reefs act as a barrier against the waves. This makes the water calm and safe always.
- Jericoacoara Beach – Located around 300kms from Fortaleza, Jericoacoara has been attracting tourists not only to the beach, but for some of the most spectacular views in Brazil.
- Ipanema Beach – This beach offers an avid mix of cultures. On the main beach you have the sun kissed sands and a little walk away from it you will find people engaged in football, beach volleyball, etc. Keep your eyes and taste buds open to the traditional drinks and beer that’s sold almost everywhere.
- Buzios – This peninsula lies North-East of Rio de Janeiro and is made up of over 20 beaches. This place is a favored hangout for celebrities like Mick Jagger and Brigitte Bardot. Thrill seekers visit this peninsula for its wide offering of watersports, snorkeling and fishing.
Well, In case you hadn’t realized, Brazil has a lot of beaches! It is a country full of breathtaking and famed beaches. With a coastline as big as Brazil’s, a tropical beachside paradise is certainly not hard to find.